Feb 17, 2008

My Noise Barrage -- Supporting Jun Lozada

This is the picture of one of the thousands of victims of this government. Being a law graduate, the concepts of justice and equality before the law has been drilled into my head so thoroughly that it has become a part of my own principles. Ask me to choose between compassion and justice, and I would choose justice without any qualms.

I believe that people have to pay for their crimes. I believe in this country's Constitution and I applaud the brilliance of the minds of the people who drafted and created this "talkative" Constitution. I believe in every word of that Constitution. I am so deeply saddened and angered by the fact that the this iniquitous government believe themselves above the same Law.

Earlier I saw in the news the noise barrage along La Salle University. I cried when I saw the people blowing their horns to show their support when they pass by. I just felt so much outrage and I was so happy to see that the Filipinos still care because I thought that people have grown passive, indifferent, dead.

I wonder if it would take another Ninoy who would give up his life just so the Filipinos will once again take their country from the greedy imperialistic hands of one family who feed their pockets with millions of dollars while the Juan de la Cruz dies of hunger along the streets of Quezon City.

Do you know what's worst than being a supporter of this gluttonous government? It's being indifferent. It's being selfish. It's saying, "I'm tired of all that." No! You should never get tired. Giving up is like giving up that freedom that numerous people have sacrificed their lives for. You give up your freedom to speak on what's not right. You give up on the rights that the Constitution gave you because you inadvertently give up on the Constitution. By being indifferent and by choosing not to see the vomit sprayed on the same Constitution, you allow it. That is what's worst.



2 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you in fighting and resisting against an oppressive government. My support is on Lozada. Let's continue to advocate for justice. I'm no lawyer; my discipline is in theology and humanities. i think we can work together as a people to redress this exacerbating political repression.

Tinggay said...

I'm glad to know that we might have different spiritual beliefs but we share the same political view.
Thank you for the response.