Feb 16, 2008

Where's the Snow?

Geeze. It's freaking cold.

Being in a tropical island where seasons are either sunny or rainy, it is quite rare to have such a freeze-your-ass temperature/weather. I forced myself to take a bath today. I could forgive myself for refusing to take a bath yesterday but two days in a row is quite disgusting. Even with warm water, the bath was still freezing cold. The good thing about this is that I don't sweat and I smell good all the time. It's weird though to be wearing a thick jacket inside the house. I even have socks on. I wonder how people in Western countries tolerate this kind of temperature.

9 Gorgeous People Said --:

SheR. said...

We don't! :P
Just sit with the heater on all the time or next to fireplace!!!
Actually it's getting warmer here..

Tinggay said...

Warmer? I would bet a thousand bucks that when you mean warmer it's like the weather here now which to us is actually freezing cold. :)

SheR. said...

Oh haha...
After enduring few months of less than 10 degrees temperature, anything more than 10 is great for me right now!
And not to mention lots of sun!! Hoorah!! Spring is coming.
Keep warm. Drink some hot tea dear:)

Tinggay said...

LOL.
The funny thing is that it's 25 degrees celsius, but I'm freezing cold already. I'm so used to temperature that's more than 30 degrees. I bet that it's lower than 25 degrees there. My sister is freezing her ass in London. :)

SOUL AFLAME said...

In England we've had cold and miserable weather for the past year, and summer was non existent.

I often wonder what it would be like to live in a warmer climate? At least I'd get more motorcycling in! The problem is nowadays, the legendary four seasons that the UK used to have, seem to have vanished. We no longer get harsh winters, and the summers are not great...

Down South it's kinda miserable most of the time...


The grass is always greener on the other side, as the saying goes.

Tinggay said...

LOL. No wonder my sister is pretty miserable in London. She's literally counting days until she can come home here in PI.
Hey, why don't you check out her blog too -- she's pretty interesting. She puts a twist to her lamentations == www.thegirlfrombicol.blogspot.com

Are you in London?

SheR. said...

Ooo.. I rem those miserable days in London especially my first winter in 2003. Cold and alone. I felt horrible. I spent 3 winters shivering in the cold and damp London.
Fingers crossed for you. Hope the cold weather will end sooner and may sunny days shine longer!

Tinggay said...

Sher, there is sun. Lots of it. But the cold is also biting. I'm not really comfortable wearing jackets all the time.
I see you have gotten used to the cold in Europe though. Good for you.

Tinggay said...

Sher, there is sun. Lots of it. But the cold is also biting. I'm not really comfortable wearing jackets all the time.
I see you have gotten used to the cold in Europe though. Good for you.